What to Expect When You Buy Pest Control Leads from Service Direct
As a pest control expert, staying on top of the latest industry news and trends helps you deliver the highest quality service to your customers and stay competitive. It’s no different for us at Service Direct.
For over 15 years, we’ve been delivering top quality business leads to pest control companies. But we’re still constantly monitoring key metrics to find ways we can optimize our service and drive the great customers to your business’s phone lines.
We have two primary means of sourcing this data:
- Client Reporting: Service Direct’s pest control clients can monitor a range of key metrics about their lead generation performance, including call duration, booked appointment won/lost, revenue, and more. We use this data to help optimize our customer experience and results.
- Internal System Reporting: Service Direct’s team of Quality Assurance experts listens to recorded calls in order to gather useful insights like caller intent, greeting type, caller language, and more.
The insights we gather from this data allows us to constantly hone our services, but it also can give you a look at what to expect when buying pest control leads from Service Direct.
How The Service Direct Pay-Per-Call Platform Works
The first step to successfully using Service Direct’s Marketplace platform is understanding how pay-per-call works and your role in that success.
To sum it up, you provide the zip codes you service and the amount you're willing to spend on individual leads. We then use that information to bid on and buy live phone calls from people who are actively seeking pest control services in your area and send them directly to your phone. The best part is, Service Direct will only charge you for calls that meet our criteria of a “billable lead.”
Service Direct may not be the only lead generation company out there, but there are a few key differentiators that set us apart from the competition:
- We provide exclusive phone leads, meaning you’ll never compete with other pest control companies in your area for any of your calls.
- We make it easy to set and adjust both your service area and cost per lead at any time.
- Our convenient mySD dashboard enables you to track key metrics to optimize your ROI.
Types of Pest Control Calls generated by Marketplace
Before we dive into the data for an in-depth look at what kinds of pest control calls we typically see, we should point out that these results are based on average results reported by our customers or captured by our internal systems. Individual results may vary based on your service area, business model, and many other factors.
Now, let’s get to the data!
For starters, about 97% of our pest control leads are residential, with only 3% being commercial in nature. So if you’re looking for commercial leads, this may not be the lead generation service for you.
We can also look at which pests are most commonly called about. The biggest share of our calls are about bees (not honeybees), with over 17%. That’s followed by bed bugs (13%), mice (11%), and wasps (10%).
If you specialize in removing any of these particular pests, Service Direct’s leads are a great fit to help you grow your business – provided you know how to make the most of incoming phone leads.
Typical results FOr Pest Control Companies
Service Direct works with hundreds of pest control businesses across the country, from individual contractors to major pest control brands. Our mission is to provide the highest-quality calls possible and help each of our clients to meet their unique business goals.
Percentage of calls where the caller has a service need.
Average first call booking rate from calls with a service need.
One of the most important metrics we try to improve is how frequently when your phone rings, it’s an actual potential customer calling, instead of a solicitor, existing customer callback, cancellation, job seeker, wrong number, or any other non-customer call you might receive.
About 43% of the calls that Service Direct sends to pest control companies are from potential customers. By adding our incoming calls to the ones your business is getting naturally, we can increase the overall rate of new customer calls. And don’t forget, billable leads need to meet certain criteria.
Call Insights Report – Free Trial
While these average statistics can give you a good idea of what to expect from buying pest control leads from Service Direct, we continue to leverage data even after you’ve signed on as a client. We also rely on key metrics to help our pest control clients improve their results.
That’s the purpose of Service Direct’s Call Insights Report. Our seasoned team of Quality Assurance experts review and analyze the recordings of your incoming calls and capture actionable insights and help you understand where your sales process can be optimized.
All of this useful info is delivered to you in a monthly Call Insights Report. Sound good? Did we mention that we offer a free trial for new customers? That way you can try it out and see for yourself if it’s right for your pest control company.
How we handle non-billable calls
Spam calls have become an epidemic in recent years. Unfortunately, this does have some impact on the pay per call lead generation industry. Service Direct is consistently working to reduce the number of spam calls, wrong numbers, and other invalid calls that get through to our customers.
Central to this effort is our Quality Check feature. With the help of machine learning systems, we automatically identify nearly 50% of spam calls and 40% of wrong number calls with about 80% accuracy. And thanks to the nature of machine learning, the process is constantly improving.
Our Quality Assurance team will review each of your calls to determine whether they are billable. We also make it easy for you to request a lead review up to 7 days after the lead’s delivery date. It is our driving goal to provide the best possible leads, which means we’re always working to ensure our clients only pay for new potential customers.
Optimized Lead Generation to Grow Your Pest Control Business
Each business has a unique situation and unique needs, which is why Service Direct gives all of our pest control business clients the ability to fully manage their own campaigns. After all, it’s your business, so you should have ultimate say when it comes to your marketing approach.
Here are just a few of the tools and features that give you a high level of control over your experience and results:
- Campaigns Manager: With a user-friendly Campaigns Manager you get all the important and useful info about your campaigns in one convenient place. You can sort and filter your campaigns by a number of factors and even make updates when necessary.
- Lead Manager: Get both a broad overview and an up close look at the incoming leads with our Lead Manager tool. You can view lead details, listen to call recordings, and submit leads for review, all from one place.
- Lead Volume Control: Business has a tendency to ebb and flow, and your need for leads usually moves with it. In order to help you manage the rate at which you’re getting calls to best fit your current business needs, we make it simple to adjust your campaigns by changing your cost per lead, pausing your campaigns, and/or setting up schedules to modify ads.
- Service Area Adjustment: Another way to control your lead volume and manage your business is updating your selected service area. Service Direct We Marketplace clients can add or remove zip codes to their service area at any time.
By now you should have a good idea of what to expect when buying pest control leads from Service Direct. Still, what we’ve covered have just been averages. The best way to find out how well our system can work for your pest control business is by signing up!