How to Grow Your Pest Control Company with Facebook Ads
Updated on August 29, 2023
As a pest control expert, you should always be looking for opportunities to reach new audiences. Social media is a great way to directly connect with prospects in your area who are in need of your services.
The data speaks for itself – 30% of consumers say they've done business with a small company as the result of a Facebook ad. If you’re not using Facebook to connect with potential customers, you could be missing out on a significant number of new leads!
In this blog post, we'll explain how you can use Facebook Ads to reach more people in your target market, and how to create ad campaigns that get results.
social media - paid vs. organic
Before we get into it, we want to make sure you understand an important distinction when it comes to marketing your pest control business on Facebook: the difference between organic social media and paid social ads.
Simply put, your organic social media strategy involves any type of interaction on the network that you don't have to pay for. Adding new photos to your account, posting on your company's Facebook profile, highlighting positive reviews, and even messaging with prospects and clients are all free, and thus considered "organic."
60% of businesses report posting content on Facebook at least weekly as a part of their organic social media strategy.
When it comes to paid social media, the clue is in the name. If you pay for it, it's considered part of your "paid social media strategy." This consists mainly of promoted posts and paid Facebook ads, which can come in a variety of forms, as we will get into later in this article. Influencer partnerships are another good example of ways businesses can invest marketing budget to reach consumers on social media.
Understanding the difference between paid and organic social media is an important distinction you'll want to get your head around before you start working on a social media marketing strategy for your pest control business.
WHAT ROLE will FACEBOOK ADS PLAY IN YOUR MARKETING STRATEGY?
Facebook ads can be a powerful tool, but they're still just one part of your overarching marketing strategy. You'll want to determine how they fit into your marketing mix from the outset.
Consider how Facebook can help you reach your target customers:
- Facebook has a unique ability to target and connect with potential consumers who may fall outside of your traditional customer base.
- Facebook ads provide an affordable way to improve brand awareness and grow your presence online.
- By optimizing your ads based on performance and experimenting with different placement options, such as newsfeed, marketplace or story ads, you can effectively harness the power of this social network.
Compare these attributes with other marketing channels to determine how much time and budget you want to invest in each. Will Facebook ads be a central cornerstone of your marketing campaigns, or will they just be one arm of a multi-channel approach? When leveraged correctly, these tools can be an effective pieces of a comprehensive marketing plan.
Types of Facebook Ads for Your pest control business
Facebook Ads for pest control businesses can be a great way to reach new customers and generate leads. There are three main types of Facebook Ads to consider:
- Lead generation ads – These ads feature a call-to-action button that allows users to sign up for your mailing list or request a quote. The key to making these ads effective is to target them toward homeowners or businesses in your service area who are likely in need of your pest control services.
- Brand awareness ads - These ads feature your contact information and logo, and they're designed to put your name and face in front of as many people as possible. Brand awareness ads are most effective when they're targeted toward people who live or work in areas where you're looking to expand your business.
- Retargeting ads - Retargeting ads are shown to people who have visited your website but didn't take action, like requesting a quote or signing up for your mailing list. These ads can be customized to show different offers or messages, depending on what you think will best motivate the user to take action. For example, you could offer a discount for first-time customers or highlight some of your recent positive reviews.
Overall, Facebook Ads can be a great way to reach new customers and grow your pest control business. When used effectively, these ads can help you generate leads, build brand awareness, and increase sales.
Facebook Video Ads
Online video has quickly become one of the most important forms of marketing small businesses need to be using. The growth in short-form video content thanks to TikTok and Instagram Reels can and should be leveraged to communicate with potential customers looking for your pest control services.
It can be particularly effective at reaching younger generations who are entering the age group your business should be targeting. So, in order to stay relevant and ensure you are reaching the right audience, you need to be creating video ads.
However, there's more to it than simply recording yourself, hitting publish, and calling it a day. There are a few key elements of your video you should keep in mind if you want to get the most engagement and effectively reach your potential customers as they scroll on Facebook.
- Length: Keep it short. Attention spans are shrinking, and someone scrolling through Facebook is looking for something short and sweet. We recommend keeping your video under 3 minutes.
- Captions: Including easy-to-read captions on your Facebook videos not only make your ads more accessible to people who are hard of hearing, but also improve engagement with people who are scrolling with the volume turned off.
- Immediate Engagement: Even short-form videos need to capture a viewer's attention right away. Be sure to put the value proposition or the most interesting, attention-grabbing piece of content at the very beginning of the video.
Keeping these tips in mind will help you create engaging video ads, which are a surefire way to increase your advertising ROI.
How do Facebook AdvertisEMENTS Work?
Facebook ads are both easy to implement and cost-effective, making them an attractive option for any pest control business. You simply start by signing into your Facebook business account and creating an ad within the Facebook workflow. Their user-friendly interface helps you select the correct targeting for you such as age, location, interests, etc.
You can also select from a variety of delivery options that best suit your desired objective. Once you select the targeting and delivery option, you set your budget and bid amount for each action your ad aims to achieve.
Now that setup is completed, you'll need to input your payment information. Once your payment option is approved, your pest control Facebook ads will start running within minutes.
Getting your pest control ads running on Facebook is that easy – but if you want to truly optimize your ROI and get the most out of the ads you're paying for, there are a couple more things you'll want to do.
First and foremost, make sure you're using analytics tools to measure the success of your pest control Facebook ads. Conversion tracking can give you valuable insights into what about your ads is working, and what might need tweaking. You should also consider A/B testing different image and text combinations to make sure your messaging is as effective as possible.
Don't be afraid to make adjustments to increase the ROI of your Facebook ad campaigns. It’s important to remember that when you are starting out on your paid social media journey, you might have to make changes before you start to see the results you are looking for.
HOW META PIXEL OPERATES
The Meta Pixel is a powerful, yet often-overlooked marketing tool offered by Facebook. By adding this simple piece of to your website, you can start tracking the actions that people take when they land on your site.
With the insights Pixel can offer, you 'll be able to create more engaging customized ads specifically for your audience, further increasing your overall ROI.
On top of that, the Pixel also helps protect against fraud by identifying suspicious activity, effectively ensuring you're only paying for legitimate traffic.
Facebook Ad Objectives: WHAT ARE THEY?
Facebook Ads are based on objectives—the simplest answer to the question "What is the purpose of this ad?"
Before you write a single piece of ad copy, be sure you understand the basic campaign objective. After all, you can't measure success if you don't know what it looks like.
Facebook ads offer 11 different types of objectives, each equipped with different tools designed to help you create an ad that will result in the desired customer action.
By choosing the objective that best matches their specific marketing goals, pest control businesses marketers can take full advantage of the Facebook ads platform and expect a steady supply of new leads.
The importance of Ad Formats
Social media is unique in the sheer variety of ad formats available on one platform. But not all ad formats are created equal – nor are they priced that way. So it's important to get a firm understanding of the available formats and their strengths before deciding which to invest in for your pest control business.
As data and internet speeds have improved over the past decade, short-form video content has solidified its place as king. This format is most engaged-with form of content on the internet. Nowhere is this more evident than the recent meteoric rise of TikTok, where over 1 billion active users consume hours of videos no more than 3 minutes long.
This TikTok-ification of internet content will, in all likelihood, only become more apparent as time goes on. That means it's never been more important for your pest control business to start investing in some short form promotional video content. And Facebook is a great place to start!
A few critical tips to developing effective videos:
- You need to grab the viewer's attention quickly. Lead with something interesting or exciting that will break them out of their mindless scrolling and convince them to stop and listen to what you have to say.
- On many platforms, videos are automatically muted unless the viewer opts to turn on the audio. So make sure to use captions and on-screen text to effectively deliver your message, even when the volume is off.
- With attention spans continuing to wane, it's brevity is key. Viewers have little patience for videos longer than 3 minutes, so keep it short and snappy.
Video may be the most important type of ad you can currently invest in, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the other formats Facebook offers! Be sure to experiment with each option and track the success of each campaign to determine what mix is right for your business and your preferred audience.
setting BudgetS for Your Facebook Ads
As a business owner, you always want to know exactly where your money is going, and what you're getting for what you're spending. That's why defining you Facebook Ads budget is a critical part of the setup and management process.
Start by determining how much you can comfortably spend on Facebook ads. Then look for an ad mix that gives you a positive visibility/reach ratio. Consider which is more important to your goals: the number of times a core audience see your ads, or the number of people who see your ad at least once?
Spending a bit of time defining your Facebook ad budget before launching your campaign is a great way not only to optimize your ROI, but also to make sure you and your team agree on the fundamental goals of your pest control Facebook ad campaign.
TARGET YOUR ADS TO THE RIGHT AUDIENCE
Gone are the days of buying a newspaper ad that everyone would see, regardless of whether they're likely to need your pest control services or not. With digital marketing platforms like Facebook ads, you can easily target particular subsets of the populace and advertise specifically to them. This selection is often based on demographic factors, interests, and even online behaviors.
Audience targeting allows you to focus your ad spend on the people who are most likely to be interested in pest control service. With behavior tracking, you can even target these audiences when they're most likely to need your services. This accuracy means higher click-through rates and lower cost per click.
The best approach to segmenting and targeting you audience will depend greatly on your budget and goals. Facebook's built-in audience targeting tool, creating lookalike audiences, and using third-party data providers are all great options.
Hopefully you have a better understanding of how Facebook advertisements work and how you can use them to get more leads and new customers for your pest control business. You should also know the different possible ad objectives and formats Facebook offers, as should be well-equipped to set ad budgets and create a target audiences for your ads.
Facebook ads are a great marketing tool, but they're far from the only channel you should be considering. If you're interested in learning how to create a comprehensive marketing strategy for your pest control business, check out our guidebook!
- Pest Control Email Marketing Campaigns & Best Practices
- How Your Pest Control Company Can Dominate SEO
- How to Build a Pest Control Website that Converts