Creating an Electrician Website Designed to Convert Visitors into Customers
Updated on August 4, 2023
As an electrician, you know that your website is one of your most valuable assets. It's where potential customers go to learn more about your company, services, and team.
But not all electrician websites are created equal.
Some are better at turning potential clients into paying customers, and it's often due to simple design choices. Those design choices can make or break your electrician business, especially when consumers report that it is worse to have a bad website than no website at all.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to create or update your electrician website so that it is designed to convert visitors into customers.
We'll cover the basics like having a strong technical foundation, using graphic elements, and adding calls to action throughout the site. Implementing these tips will help you generate more leads and grow your electrician business!
verify that your website's Technical BASIS is Strong
When it comes to running a business, a strong technical foundation is essential. The same is true for your electrician website.
A website that loads quickly and has compressed images will be more successful in generating leads than one that doesn't. You also need to ensure your electrician website is optimized for mobile, especially with 66% of consumers searching for local businesses on their mobile devices.
Here are some tips to make sure your electrician website has a solid technical foundation:
- Use a content delivery network to speed up page load times.
- Optimize images before uploading them to your site. This will reduce file size and help your pages load faster.
- Enable gzip compression on your server. This will compress files so they take up less bandwidth and load quicker for visitors.
- Make sure your site is responsive so it looks good on all devices. Visitors are more likely to convert if they can easily view your site on their phone or tablet.
- Test your site regularly to ensure everything is working as it should. Fix any broken links or pages that are loading slowly.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your electrician website has a strong technical foundation that will help you generate more leads.
RESEARCH AND IMPLEMENT website ACCESSIBILITY MEASURES
As a small local business, you know how essential it is to connect with as many people as possible. The last thing you want to do is ostracize potential customers, after all.
That can mean answering questions in an easy-to-understand way, providing payment plans for customers, and even implementing accessibility features on your electrician website. These features are simple yet crucial measures you can take to maximize inclusivity.
Keep these accessibility best practices in mind when creating your website:
- Color Schemes: You may be surprised to know that your color scheme can ostracize people from your website. To avoid this, you’ll want to use a high-contrast color scheme with colors that are colorblind-friendly.
- Alt Text: Visually impaired people use screen readers to digest the content on websites. These screen readers use alt text to describe the visual elements on your website such as images, key graphics, and more.
- Captions: It’s important that you include captions for any videos you have on your website in order to ensure hard-of-hearing people are able to watch them. These captions should be clear and easy to read.
- No Flashes: Because flashes and blinking lights can trigger seizures in some people, you’ll want to avoid including these elements in your website as much as possible. If you do use them, be sure to include ample warnings for visitors to leave the site beforehand.
These accessibility best practices are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to creating a website that is inclusive, but they will certainly get you started on the right foot to welcoming all visitors to your electrician site.
include clear Calls To Action
We’ve already mentioned that for electricians, simply having a website is not enough—you also need to design your site in a way that encourages visitors to become paying customers.
One of the most important elements of a customer-friendly website is clear calls to action (CTAs). CTAs are elements on your website that encourage visitors to take a specific action, such as calling your business or filling out a form.
When designing CTAs for your electrician website, there are a few best practices to keep in mind:
- First, make sure that your CTAs are clickable—ideally, they should be buttons that can be selected with one click.
- Second, use persuasive language that clearly explains the benefits of taking the desired action. For example, "Call now to schedule a free electrician safety inspection."
- Third, don't overload your website with too many CTAs—1 or 2 per page is usually sufficient.
By following these best practices, you can ensure that your electrician website is designed in a way that encourages customers to take action.
Let Your Customer Experience Speak For Itself
It's important to have positive customer testimonials on your electrician website for a few reasons. You’re putting in the work to provide a premier customer experience, after all, and good reviews are part of what makes that work worthwhile.
First, it helps build trust with potential customers. When someone is looking for an electrician, they want to hire someone who is reputable and has a good track record. Customer referrals and testimonials are one way to show that you're an electrician worth hiring.
Second, customer testimonials can give potential customers a sense of what it's like to work with you. They can see how you handle problems and what kind of results you're able to achieve.
Finally, customer testimonials can help you attract new customers. When potential customers see that you have happy, satisfied customers, they're more likely to contact you about their own electrician needs.
Of course, in order to do all of these things you need to actually have those key customer testimonials. Fortunately, with 71% of consumers saying they are likely to leave a review if the company makes it easy for them to do so, it’s easier than ever to generate positive feedback!
Once you have reviews you want to highlight, follow these best practices for highlighting customer testimonials on your electrician website:
- Create a dedicated page on your website for testimonials. This will make it easy for potential customers to find them.
- Be sure to showcase a variety of testimonials from different types of jobs. This will show that you're able to meet the needs of all kinds of electrician customers.
- Use case studies along with testimonials to really build trust with potential customers. Case studies provide concrete examples of the results you're able to achieve as an electrician.
By following these best practices, you can use customer testimonials to turn website visitors into paying customers.
Copy should be precise and easy to understand
In today's digital age, the first place potential customers are likely to go searching for electricians is online. It’s important that your site has clear and concise website copy to encourage conversion.
When a customer visits your electrician site, they are often searching for specific information, and if they can't find what they're looking for quickly, they'll move on to one of your competitors.
That's why it's important to have well-written and organized website copy. Some best practices for great website copy include using bullet points, keywords, and bold headings.
Learn more about these electrician website tips here:
- Bullet points are an effective way to list information clearly and concisely. They make it easy for website visitors to scan the page and find the information they're looking for.
- Keywords are also important, as they help potential customers find your site when they're searching online.
- Using bold headings is a great way to organize information on your website while also breaking up large spaces of text.
By following these best practices, you can help ensure that your electrician website turns visitors into customers.
What About Electrician SEO?
If you’ve been in the process of digitally marketing your small business for a while, you are probably familiar with search engine optimization (SEO). In fact, you may already be using electrician SEO to boost your website’s performance.
It’s important that you keep SEO in mind when building out your website copy.
In order to seamlessly merge your SEO strategy with your website design, you’ll want to use keywords, which are the common words and phrases that potential customers are searching for when looking for your services.
Whether you decide to create service-specific site pages or use a bulleted list that includes some of your top keywords, incorporating SEO tactics into your website design will boost your organic ranking and get you noticed by more potential customers without breaking the bank!
IMAGES, AWARDS, AND AFFILIATIONS HELP ESTABLISH TRUST WITH POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS
A website is often the first point of contact between an electrician and a potential customer. In order to convert website visitors into paying customers, it's important to showcase images, awards, and affiliations prominently on your electrician website.
Images are one of the first things that website visitors will notice, so it’s important to make a good impression.
High-quality, professional images of your work and your team will show potential customers that you’re serious about your business and that you have the skills and experience to get the job done right.
Similarly, awards and affiliations serve as social proof that you are a reputable electrician who can be trusted to do quality work. Including these on your website will help build trust with potential customers and convince them to hire you for their next project.
In fact, 69% of consumers said that knowing a business is associated with a local organization would make them more likely to patronize that business.
So if you want to turn your electrician website into a revenue-generating machine, make sure to showcase images, awards, and affiliations prominently on your site. Doing so will help you attract more customers and grow your business.
Use Videos, Infographics, and More to Connect with More Customers
In order for an electrician website to be effective, it needs to have more than just text to engage visitors and encourage them to take action.
These visual elements should be eye-catching and informative and can be used to get your point across to people who are unlikely to read the copy on your site.
videos as increased engagement Tools
Videos are more engaging than text and images, and they can help website visitors to better understand your electrician business, your services, and your processes.
With 50% of consumers saying that videos make them more likely to patronize a small business, you don’t want to miss out on this strategy.
There are several different types of videos that electrician businesses should consider adding to their websites:
- Overview videos: This type of video should give viewers a general introduction to your electrician business and what you do.
- Testimonial videos: This type of video features satisfied customers talking about their experience working with your electrician business.
- How-to videos: These types of videos demonstrate how electricians can do something that might be difficult for the average person. These types of videos are not only informative, but they also show off your electrician business’s expertise.
Infographics to uniquely display concepts
Infographics are visual representations of concepts or data. You can make an infographic for almost anything, which means the world is your oyster when brainstorming these ideas.
For electricians, it can be beneficial to use infographics to display complicated processes or essential steps that might otherwise get buried in your website copy. For example, you might showcase your service process from start to finish through an infographic.
It’s important to remember that you want these graphics to be high quality, which might mean you need to outsource the design of your infographic. Sure, it’s not as cheap as simply writing copy on your site yourself, but it can make a difference in conversion for a number of customers.
social media to connect with a younger crowd
If you’re already running a social media account for your electrician company, that’s great! You’re ahead of the curve. The next step is to feature those posts directly on your electrician website.
Fortunately, there are a number of tools to do this, including social media plugins that will allow you to showcase your most recent Instagram or Facebook post on your website's homepage.
By doing this, you will not only be connecting with a younger audience, but you’ll also be tying your online profiles together. This connection can be crucial for bringing more potential customers to your website from social media, and vice versa.
By following these best practices, you can ensure that your electrician website is effective and engaging. If you’re looking for more in-depth marketing tips, be sure to download our electrician marketing guide.
Potential customers will be able to quickly learn about your business and decide if you're the right electrician for the job. So get started on building your site today—good luck!
- How to Build a Marketing Plan for Your Electrician Business
- How to Generate Electrician Leads with Facebook Ads
- Mastering Local SEO for Electrician Contractors